Spinosad Garden Insect Spray is an organic insecticide for control of foliage feeding worms (caterpillars), leafminers, thrips, fire ants and other listed pests in lawns, outdoor ornamentals, vegetables, apples, citrus and stone fruit. It is a product of fermentation and contains naturally-occurring spinosad. It is OMRI listed for organic use.
Spinosad Garden Insect Spray is particularly effective for controlling corn earworm on sweet corn, field corn and popcorn. If you observe plant damage before silks and tassels develop, spray plants throughout once a week. Treatment is especially important when the silks appear. Once this happens, spray the silks once a week until the corn is ready for harvest.
It can be used on ornamentals, turf, vegetables, fruit and nut trees, and as a mound treatment for fire ants. It can be applied to most food crops up to 1 day before harvest. It is intended for control of worms (caterpillars) and other listed insects. It does not significantly impact predatory beneficial insects, predatory mites, and spiders while controlling target pests. Susceptible insect pests may be observed on plants up to several hours after treatment, but will have ceased active feeding before being killed.
Spinosad Garden Insect Spray Application Instructions:
- Mix 2 fluid ounces per gallon of water.
- Partially fill sprayer with water before adding the appropriate rate of product, then mix in product thoroughly and add the remaining amount of water.
- Apply uniformly to both upper and lower surfaces of the plant foliage.
- Mix only as much spray as needed for a single treatment.
- In vegetable gardens, do not use more than 3 gallons of spray for a 1,000 sq. ft. area.