Pelletized Gypsum Soil Conditioner is an excellent source for providing calcium and sulfur to your vegetable garden plants. Calcium is essential to the soil health of many plants in your vegetable garden. Calcium deficiencies can often contribute to many diseases including blossom-end rot on tomatoes and peppers. Because pelletized gypsum is pH neutral, you can supply calcium and sulfur to your vegetable garden without affecting the soil pH.
Pelletized Gypsum Soil Conditioner is great for reducing compaction in heavy-clay soils, by way of an ionic reaction in the soil, allowing moisture and air to penetrate, supporting healthy plant growth. Gypsum is also used to neutralize salts in the soil caused by animal waste, ice-melting chemicals, or over-fertilization. This pelletized gypsum is finely ground for quick effectiveness, and then pelletized for ease of application in home gardens.
Applying Pelletized Gypsum Soil Conditioner
- In vegetable gardens, apply 20 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and till into the soil.
- For tomatoes, apply an addition 1-2 cups around each plant after each fertilization.
- For heavy clay soils, use 120-160 lbs per 1000 sq. feet.
- As a compost aid, spread 2-3 cups per cubic yard of compost material as added to pile.
Guaranteed Chemical Analysis
- Calcium Sulfate – 70%
- Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate – 89%
- Calcium – 20%
- Sulfur (combined) – 16%