The Hoss Garden Seeder is constructed with Amish-crafted hardwood handles, 15″ steel wheels, and a powder-coated steel frame. The drag chain behind the seed drop tube covers the planted seed and the rear wheel compacts the ground behind the covered seed.
The seed plates lie flat in the hopper, ensuring accurate planting without wasting seed by overplanting. The rolling coulter design in front of the seed drop tube works great for planting in gardens with undecomposed organic matter.
- Removable hopper for filling and emptying seed
- Adjustable planting depth from 1/4″ – 1 1/2″
- Stand-alone design with back kickstand
- Plant small (mustard, turnips) to large (beans, squash) seed
- Seed plates easily changed
- Includes Seed Plates #1-6
- Optional Row Marker available
Included with the Hoss Garden Seeder:
- Seed Plate #1 (HS4-1001) – broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, mustard, rutabaga, and other fine seeds
- Seed Plate #2 (HS4-1002) – onion, small coated seeds
- Seed Plate #3 (HS4-1003) – okra, pelleted: carrots, lettuce, beets, chard
- Seed Plate #4 (HS4-1004) – small sweet corn, popcorn
- Seed Plate #5 (HS4-1005) – small peas and beans
- Seed Plate #6 (HS4-1006) – medium beans, peas, large sweet corn, field corn