The Hoss Garden Seeder allows you to easily plant your vegetable garden with accuracy and precision. Our innovative seed plate design allows you to easily customize seed plates to fit the variety of seed you’re planting. Seed plates lie flat in the hopper and can be easily changed without wasting excess seed.
The Hoss Garden Seeder has a rolling coulter or rolling disk that opens a furrow for the dropping seed. This double disk furrow opener works great in soils that have heavy organic residue from prior vegetable or cover crops. Once the seed drops into the planting furrow, the drag chain covers the seed and the rear wheel packs the soil to ensure optimal germination.
The Hoss Garden Seeder is constructed with Amish-crafted hardwood handles, 15″ steel wheels, and a powder-coated steel frame. The handles are adjustable to the users height. The steel frame ensures the unit is stable and easy to push in a straight line along the row.
Hoss Garden Seeder features:
- Removable hopper for filling and emptying seed
- Adjustable planting depth from 1/4″ – 1 1/2″
- Stand-alone design with back kickstand
- Plant small to large seeds with accuracy and precision
- Easily change seed plates with simple wing nut design
- Includes Seed Plates #1-6; additional plates available here
- Optional Row Marker available
- Seed Plate #1 (HS4-1001) – broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, mustard, rutabaga, and other fine seeds
- Seed Plate #2 (HS4-1002) – onion, small coated seeds
- Seed Plate #3 (HS4-1003) – okra, pelleted: carrots, lettuce, beets, chard
- Seed Plate #4 (HS4-1004) – small sweet corn, popcorn
- Seed Plate #5 (HS4-1005) – small peas and beans
- Seed Plate #6 (HS4-1006) – medium beans, peas, large sweet corn, field corn