Our Complete Organic Fertilizer has everything you need to grow healthy and bountiful vegetable plants. This is a complete formulation, meaning it has relatively equal percentages of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium. The phosphorous and potassium will encourage strong root development when plants are young, and the nitrogen will make leaves green, strong and healthy for maximal production.
This formulation also includes 9% calcium which is especially important when growing tomatoes, peppers and eggplant. Calcium deficiencies can cause blossom end rot in nightshade (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) species and is indicated by a rotting on the bottom of the fruit. This fertilizer will provide the adequate calcium to prevent blossom end rot and provide a healthy harvest.
Our Complete Organic Fertilizer is OMRI registered for certified organic production. It is made from 100% all-natural, composted chicken manure. The chicken manure is composted and compressed into a granular formulation that makes it easy to apply. This is the perfect fertilizer for small-scale gardens. Use it in your favorite container garden or raised bed garden.
For best results, bury or “fold” the fertilizer into the soil. When planting in rows, create a planting furrow and apply the fertilizer along that furrow. When planting a dense bed such as greens or carrots, fertilize the entire bed by sprinkling over the soil and incorporate with a garden trowel or other cultivation tool.
Complete Organic Fertilizer Use Recommendations
- Prior to planting, apply at the rate of 1.5 cups per 10 square feet. If you have a raised bed that is 4′ x 5′, you would need 3 cups for the entire bed.
- Side-dress at half the rate (.75 cups per 10 square feet) 4 to 6 weeks after planting.
- Total Nitrogen (N) – 5.0%
- Water Soluble Nitrogen – 1.0%
- Water Insoluble Nitrogen – 4.0%
- Available Phosphate (P2O5) – 4.0%
- Soluble Potash (K2O) – 3.0%
- Calcium (Ca) – 9.0%