Complete Disease Control is a broad-spectrum preventative biofungicide/bactericide for control or suppression of fungal and bacterial plant diseases. The active ingredient in Complete Disease Control is a naturally occurring strain (D747) of the benefical bacterium Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Complete Disease Control also colonizes plant root hairs, preventing establishment of disease-causing fungi and bacteria.
Use in foliar spray applications for control of powdery mildews, leaf spots, anthracnose, gray mold, and other diseases affecting leaves, flowers, fruit, and other above-ground plant parts of home garden plants. Use in soil drench applications for control of diseases affecting plant roots, tubers, or other parts of plants in contact with soil in the home garden.
Complete Disease Control Application Instructions
Spray application for control of powdery mildews, leaf spots anthracnose, gray mold, and other diseases affecting leaves, flowers, fruit, and other above-ground plant parts of home garden plants:
- Mix 1 teaspoon per gallon of water and apply directly to plants using a hand pump sprayer or other suitable spray equipment.
- Spray just enough to wet all leaves and fruit with minimal run-off or dripping.
- Total coverage depends on the size of plants to be sprayed and the type of sprayer used.
- Repeat as needed to maintain disease control, typically every 7-10 days.
- If disease is prevalent or environmental conditions such as high humidity favor disease outbreak, increase the mixing rate to 1 tablespoon per gallon and shorten the interval between sprays to every 3-7 days.
Drench application for control of diseases affecting plant roots, tubers, or other parts of plants in contact with soil in the home garden. Mix 1 teaspoon per gallon of water and apply to the soil by one of the following methods:
- For potted plants (indoors or outdoors), apply in sufficient water to wet the entire root mass using a watering can or tank-fed watering wand. Do not water plants again until 24 hours after application. Alternatively, use a hand-pump or other sprayer to spray the mixture on the soil surface in each pot, then immediately apply sufficient water to move the product into the roots.
- Drench the roots of transplants with approx. 4 fluid ounces of the mixture immediately before transplanting into pots or garden soil. Allow to soak into the root ball before transplanting.
- For outdoor-grown plants, use a watering can or sprayer to drench the soil in the planting furrow or transplant hole immediately before planting or transplanting. The amount of water required will depend on the size of the hole or length of furrow.
Alternatively, apply in the first watering after planting or transplanting, either by mixing directly into the water at the rate indicated above, or by spraying onto the soil surface at the base of each plant and immediately watering in with a watering can, hose, sprinkler, or other watering device.