Ultra 90 Surfactant improves the wetting of plant foliage and enhances the effectiveness of spray applications for insecticides and fungicides. This product contains hygroscopic materials which improve the drying speed of pesticides and foliar sprays on vegetable leaves. This increased drying time is particularly important and effective when spraying in narrow weather windows when rain may be imminent.
Ultra 90 Surfactant can be used with most pesticides and foliar nutrient sprays. This product increases the ability of sprays to stick to plant leaves, increasing the effectiveness of the sprays and reducing leaf runoff. This is particularly useful when spraying insecticides that require the insect to ingest the plant.
For insecticides like our Spinosad Garden Insect Spray, it will improve the ability of the insecticide when treating corn earworms by spraying the silks of the corn plant. The surfactant will allow the product to stick the corn silks, which will in turn provide a greater control on the earworms as they attempt to enter and feed on the ear of corn.
It also extremely helpful when spraying fungicides where coating the entire plant is necessary for effective control. This will provide a great control for fungal diseases like powdery mildew and downy mildew. This product will not cause excessive foaming in the spraying tank and it will not cause spraying equipment to corrode.
Ultra 90 Surfactant Application Instructions:
- Shake the product container well before using.
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water and agitate lightly by shaking the sprayer.
- Add 1/2 oz of Ultra 90 Surfactant per gallon of finished spray product.
- Continue lightly agitating the container until the spray solution is completely mixed.
- Frequent agitation of finished spray is recommended — lightly shake the spray tank as you apply the mixed product.
- If the spray solution has been allowed to stand for a few hours or days, thoroughly agitate and stir the solution before application.