Monterey Bt is a biological insecticide for control of worms and caterpillars on fruits, vegetables, ornamentals and shade trees. It is a naturally occurring material based on the bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis. It can be used on warm-season and cool-season vegetable crops to manage worms and caterpillars that damage plant foliage and fruits.
Monterey Bt controls cabbage looper on broccoli, cauliflower, collards, kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, cabbage, celery, lettuce, melons and tomatoes. It controls imported cabbage worm on broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, collards, kale, mustard greens and turnip greens. It also does a great job to control tomato hornworm on tomatoes.
Monterey Bt Application Instructions:
- Apply when worms or caterpillars are first noticed, then repeat at five (5) to seven (7) day intervals while they are active.
- Apply more frequently to control heavy infestations. Apply thoroughly to top and bottom of foliage. Reapply after heavy rains.
- Always shake or stir thoroughly before use.
- Spray leaf surfaces thoroughly, top and bottom, for complete control.
- Agitate regularly while spraying.
- Use all of the spray mixture within 24 hours.
- This product must be eaten by worms or caterpillars to be effective. After ingesting the insecticide, they immediately stop feeding, though they may otherwise appear to be unaffected for several days. Best results are obtained by treatments when worms are small; they must be actively feeding on treated, exposed foliage.You may apply up to and on the day of harvest.
- Mix 1 fluid ounce per gallon of water and apply to all plant foliage.
- Partially fill sprayer with water before adding the appropriate rate of product, then mix in product thoroughly and add the remaining amount of water.
- Apply at first sign of infestation and repeat at weekly intervals.