The Seeder Attachment is a planting attachment that works with our Hoss Single or Double Wheel Hoe. This is a precision planter that will singulate and plant individual seeds as you push the unit along the desired planting row. It includes our innovate seed plate design that allows you to customize seed plates for each variety of seed you’re planting.
The Seeder Attachment is made with a powder-coated steel frame that makes it stable and easy to push in a straight line. The solid frame also ensures that seeds are planted and packed into the soil for optimal germination. It has a metal “shoe” which opens a small planting furrow where seeds will drop, and a drag chain that will cover the seeds with soil as the unit is pushed along the row. The wide drive wheel then packs the soil around the dropped seed to ensure proper seed to soil contact.
The Seeder Attachment is designed to be used in a firm, clean, well-prepared seed bed. It will not perform well in fluffy, freshly-tilled soils or soils that have a large accumulation of organic debris. For those soil conditions, we recommend our Hoss Garden Seeder.
Seeder Attachment Features:
- Removable hopper for easily removing leftover seeds
- Easily adjust planting depth from 1/4″ to 1 1/2″
- Plants small and large seeds with precision and accuracy
- Includes 6 interchangeable seed plates for different seed sizes
- Optional Row Marker and optional additional Seed Plates
- *Not compatible with Hoss High Arch Wheel Hoe
- Seed Plate #1 – broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, mustard, rutabaga, and other fine seeds
- Seed Plate #2 – onion, small coated seeds
- Seed Plate #3 – okra, pelleted: carrots, lettuce, beets, chard
- Seed Plate #4 – small sweet corn, popcorn
- Seed Plate #5 – small peas and beans
- Seed Plate #6 – medium beans, peas, large sweet corn, field corn