Our 24-Cell Seed Starting Kit includes everything you need to grow your own transplants for the vegetable garden. This kit is ideal for small gardens, raised beds or container gardens. Grow your own tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, lettuce, greens and more!
Growing your own vegetable plants has many benefits. It allows you to get a jump start on the growing season by having plants ready to go in the ground as soon as the weather allows. This is a great strategy for crops like watermelons or okra that prefer warmer soils. So instead of waiting for soil temps to warm for seed planting, you already have plants ready to go when the weather allows.
24-Cell Seed Starting Kit Includes:
- (2) 12-Cell Seed Starting Trays
- These are heavy-duty trays for growing seedlings/transplants. The cells are made of a durable plastic that won’t bend or break over time. Trays are reusable and easy to clean after each use. Trays made be placed in the dishwasher for cleaning or can be cleaned with a high pressure hose nozzle. Each 12-cell tray is 14.5″ x 5.5″ and each cell is 2″ x 2″.
- (2) Bottom Watering Trays
- Bottom trays provide a water reservoir beneath the seed starting cells that allows water to be wicked into the seed starting mix. This allows for less frequent watering and will prevent seed starting cells from drying if you’re away for an extended period of time.
- (2) Propagating Dome Lids
- Clear, lightweight but durable lids for the 12-Cell Seed Starting Trays. These domed lids create a moist, humid environment to improve and speed germination. Domes may be removed once seedlings germinate.
- (1) 5 Quart Bag Seed Starting Mix
- The Pro-Mix Seed Starting Mix included in this kit is the most consistent seed starting mix for growing your own vegetable, flower or herb transplants. Pro-Mix contains a lightweight mixture of the best ingredients that promote exceptional root development. The 5 quart bag included is enough to fill each tray in our 24-Cell Seed Starting Kit.
- (12) Wooden Garden Labels
- Keep track of what you’ve planted. These garden labels are made of a white birch veneer and are 100% biodegradable. One end is pointed so it’s easy to insert into the soil. Use these in the seed starting trays and again in the garden!
- (1) Permanent Garden Marker
- Our permanent ink marker with a medium point. Won’t fade or disappear after repeated exposure to water.