Our 150 Watt Germination Mat allows you to maintain a constant soil temperature when germinating seeds or propagating plants. The patented, double-layer construction is tough and waterproof, which makes it ideal for a wide range of growing situations. These work great in a greenhouse or indoor seed starting room.
This model can be daisy-chained with four mats connected at one time. The MASTER MAT must be used with our Hoss Germination Thermostat. Plug the MASTER MAT into the thermostat and add 3 of the ADD-ON MATS for a complete setup. These are perfect for a seed starting rack with 4 shelves, or a long, linear seed starting table.
This mat is 21″ wide x 60″ long. It is large enough to provide heat to two of our 162 or 338 Cell Seed Starting Trays. It is also large enough to hold 8 of our 24 Cell Seed Starting Trays or 16 of our 12 Cell Seed Starting Trays. This mat is essential when starting warm-season vegetable seedlings in the late winter months. It will drastically improve germination rates and germination time for peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, okra, melons, flowers, and more!
Once seeds have germinated, you may remove the trays from the heat mat if you need to use the mat to germinate other trays. You can also leave the trays on the mat as the seedlings grow. This will help to accelerate the growth and allow you to have transplants ready sooner than later.
Hoss 150 Watt Germination Mat Instructions:
- Place the mat on a stable, flat surface without any standing water.
- Insert the power plug into a 120v grounded outlet only. To provide continued protection against risk of electric shock, connect to GFCI outlets only.
- This heat mat MUST be used with our Hoss Germination Thermostat. Failure to do so will result in undesirable root zone temperatures.
- Place the propagation trays or other plant containers on top of the heat mat. If you have humidity domes for your trays, we highly recommend using them here to improve germination conditions.
- A total of 4 units may be plugged into the temperature controller.
- 21″ x 60”
- 120 Volts
- 150 Watts
- 50/60 HZ
- Fire or electric shock may result from improper use.
- Make sure the surface under the mat is free of sharp points or objects which might puncture or damage the mat.
- DO NOT place the mat directly inside the propagation tray or cover it with soil or any other growing medium.
- DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER.
- DO NOT place any heat insulating materials over the mat as this could cause it to overheat.
- NOT FOR USE ON THE FLOOR. Use only on a countertop, table top, or bench top.
- Receptacle is for use ONLY to daisy chain mats together. DO NOT attempt to plug anything else into the receptacle.
- DO NOT daisy chain more than 4 heat mats. All heat mats in the daisy chain must be the same model.
- Cover the 120V plug with the cap when not in use.